Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Life Time Member


Yeah, I finally did it! I joined Weight Watchers on Jan 15, 2008 and have now lost 19 pounds and have achieved my "Lifetime Membership" which means I don't have to pay for the meetings each week. And actually I am required to attend only one a month now. I know some of you are probably tired of hearing about this weight loss process that has seemed to absorb my life these past months. However, I have been overweight for the past 20 years and have kept telling myself over and over again I will lose it one of these days. Well I finally made a commitment to spend birthday and Christmas money and join a program that would make me show some accountabililty as I weighed in each week.

This process has been the hardest thing I have ever done, except for giving birth 5 times. About 10 years ago I went on a drug called Phen-fen and lost 20 pounds. My doctor told me at the time the drug could kill me and that I would gain the weight back. Fortunately for me I didn't die but regain the weight I did. (The drug did cause heart damage in some people, and some died from it so it was taken off of the market).

I really hope I can maintain my present weight and have lots of encouragement from all of you. so don't offer me too many desserts. I do enjoy hiking and it is much easier for me now that I feel lighter.

5 comments:

Groff Family said...

Awesome, MOm!!!! I know how hard you have worked for this. Now you deserve to go out and buy a really hip wardrobe!

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Faye Earl (Hayes). I miss having you guys living across the street from my parents. Congrats on your weight loss. My mom too has lost some weight. My mom, dad, and I have Insulin Resistance and need to loose weight. I haven't been working on it latly because I was pregnant with my 3rd child. I did do very well with it though. I gained only 14 pounds and lost 19 after giving birth. Nathan William Hayes was born June 20th. Hailey is now 5yrs old, and Keigan is 3yrs.
It was nice to see how well your doing. Take care.
Faye

roberta said...

Hi, I love blogging and it is fun to read yours. I stumbled on it tonight. I have a blog too, it is callingallinglets.blogspot.com.
It was fun to see you guys in Island Park. You look fantastic, and CONGRATULATIONS. I never thought you were overweight though. Remember all the weight I gained when I was so sick. I remember how little Laura and Faye went and bought me my little bicycle plant that I still cherish and love. It is fun to see you guys. Maybe sometime will get down your way and come visit you. Maybe we could do a bicycle ride with Brunts and Burgers. That would be fun. Take care, Roberta

Melissa said...

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday! I saw on Lara's blog that today is your birthday. You were a great neighborhood mom so thanks!

Melissa (Finch) Johnson

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog.